Miracon Development is proud to announce that we have been named finalists for both the Homebuilders Association Vancouver (HAVAN) Awards as well as the CHBA BC’s Georgie Awards. To be named a finalist in 14 separate categories is a true honor. Here’s everything you need to know about the 2023 Awards and what they stand for.
WHAT ARE THE HAVAN AWARDS?
The Homebuilders Association Vancouver HAVAN Awards are the most prestigious awards in British Columbia’s residential construction industry. They recognize excellence in design, marketing and construction of new homes and renovations, as well as innovation and customer service in the industry.
HOW ARE THE WINNERS SELECTED?
HAVAN selects Judges each year from across British Columbia, Canada and the United States, based on their respective expertise in the homebuilding industry. Judges’ remain anonymous and are often asked to proceed over the entries for more than one year. From the list of finalists, HAVAN Award winners will be revealed at the Awards Gala in April at the JW Marriott Parq Hotel in Vancouver.
MIRACON DEVELOPMENT AND THE HAVAN AWARDS
With over 20 years of experience in the homebuilding industry, several Miracon communities have been nominated for the Homebuilders Association Vancouver HAVAN Awards. This year we are thrilled to have had our townhomes at Foundry nominated in 8 finalist categories including:
- BEST TOWNHOUSE/ROWHOME DEVELOPMENT 1500 SQFT AND OVER- FOUNDRY – Phase 2, Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
- BEST TOWNHOUSE/ROWHOME DEVELOPMENT – FOUNDRY – Phase 2, Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
- BEST NEW KITCHEN: MULTI-FAMILY PRODUCTION HOME – FOUNDRY – Phase 2, Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
- BEST PRIMARY SUITE: SINGLE-FAMILY OR MULTI-FAMILY PRODUCTION HOME – FOUNDRY – Phase 2, Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
- BEST MULTI-FAMILY AMENITY SPACE – FOUNDRY, Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
- BEST ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATIVE – FOUNDRY, Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
- GRAND HAVAN – BEST RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY: MULTI-FAMILY – FOUNDRY, Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
- GRAND HAVAN – MULTI-FAMILY HOME BUILDER OF THE YEAR – Miracon Development Inc. (Surrey)
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE HAVAN AWARDS
The HAVAN Awards provide an opportunity for homeowners to celebrate their homes, recognize achievements in design excellence and innovation, and provide builders with an opportunity to showcase their workmanship through this prestigious award program.
WHAT ARE THE GEORGIE AWARDS?
The CHBA BC Georgie Awards are a celebration of excellence in the residential construction industry in British Columbia. They recognize excellence in design, marketing and construction of new homes and renovations as well as innovation and customer service in the industry. The awards are open to all members of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association of British Columbia (CHBA BC).
HOW ARE THE WINNERS SELECTED?
Judges for the Georgie Awards are comprised of industry professionals from outside of B.C. and are selected based on their specific area of expertise. Over a three-day span, judges from across Canada and the United States gather in Vancouver to judge the submissions. In the end, up to five finalists are selected for each category with one deemed the winner. Winners are selected and announced at the black-tie gala which will be held in May at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Vancouver.
MIRACON DEVELOPMENT AND THE GEORGIE AWARDS
As a past recipient of multiple Georgie Awards for our South Surrey Communities , 2023 has brought much excitement with our Foundry community being nominated in 6 separate finalist categories:
- Single-Family Production Home Builder of the Year – Miracon Development Inc., Surrey
- Residential Community of the Year – Foundry, Miracon Development Inc., Langley
- Best Environmental Initiative – Foundry Phase 2, Miracon Development Inc., Langley
- Best Interior Design Display Suite – Single-Family or Multi-Family Production – Foundry Phase 2 D Plan, Miracon Development Inc., Langley
- Best Multi-Family Kitchen – Foundry Phase 2 – D Plan, Miracon Development Inc., Langley
- Best Multi-Family Townhouse Development (Production) over 10 units including mixed use – Foundry Phase 2, Miracon Development Inc., Langley
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE GEORGIE AWARDS
The benefits of winning an award go beyond just having your name engraved on an award plaque; it means that your community has been recognized by industry peers as being exemplary in terms of design quality, sustainability performance, innovation or any combination thereof. This recognition increases chances of attracting new clients who are looking for a builder known for setting high standards within the industry.
A big thank you to the panel of judges for selecting Miracon as a finalist at these prestigious awards. We also want to congratulate all fellow nominees for helping create the path as industry leaders and innovators. Please follow along as we eagerly await for the winners to be announced late Spring.